QUnit : Introduction:
supports server side and client side environments. It works on the assertion methods.
Release: 2.1.1 / 5 January 2017
Type: Test automation framework
- It is powerful unit testing framework.
- It can used by several ways like using a Content Delivery Network (CDN), using Bower, using npm or downloading it manually from a website.
- It is easy to debug.
- This tool is said to be time reducing process of testing.
- Quality and productivity is well maintained.
- The process of testing is fully automated. Therefore is no need to check manually.
- The css color indicators are used to show test progress is success or failed.
Role of QUnit in Automation Testing:
QUnit plays a vital role in unit testing process. Test cases are executed using this tool so it requires very less testers. Assertion helps to
perform tests on specific module each time when we run that code. We can customize program as per requirement. It helps to check
hidden information in a system.
History of QUnit:
QUnit tool was developed by John Resig. It was developed as a part of jQuery. In 2008, he extracted unit test source code from jQuery to form his own project, later it known as ‘QUnit’. This leads to use others to start using it for unit testing. Till 2009, it was dependent on jQuery. Later in 2009, it runs as standalone application tool.